Intercessors for the Philippines
The Three-Day National
Fasting & Prayer Assembly
G U I D E L I N E S
The Three-Day National Fasting and Prayer Assembly (TDNFPA) is a three-day solemn assembly marked by fasting and prayer based on Joel 2:15-17. It will focus on: seeking the face of God and turning back to Him; knowing what God wants us as His people to be; and crying (confessing and repenting) for the sins that the Filipino people has committed during the past 490 years, since the Christianity and the cross was planted in Philippine soil.
Rizal Memorial Baseball Stadium
Pablo Ocampo St. (former Vito Cruz St.) Malate, Manila
The venue can accommodate 16,000 to 20,000 people. Admission is free.
Date and Time
1st night: Apr 22, 6:00 PM to Apr 23, 6:00 AM
2nd night: Apr 23, 6:00 PM to Apr 24, 6:00 AM
3rd night: Apr 24, 6:00 PM to Apr 25, 6:00 AM
In pursuance with the call for a solemn assembly, it is best that participants come in plain and simple attire in melancholic colors of gray, black, maroon, and dark blue. This is to show that we are mourning for the sins of the land. However, the company of singers should be in white tops and dark slacks as they praise and sing the mercies and goodness of God.
For precautionary measures, people are discouraged from wearing nor bringing valuable jewelries or materials. Bring minimal items to prevent from being distracted during prayer times.
Bishops, pastors, leaders, and ministers are positioned in the center of the stadium as in Joel 2:17 “Let the priests who minister before the Lord, weep between the temple porch and the altar.” The spouses and children will be given a designated area nearby to stay. The company of singers and worshipers will be stationed at the bleachers and the field as they sing to break open the spiritual strongholds above the heavens in the nation. This will be the Church’s weapon of warfare.
Fasting and Prayer Mechanics
The nationwide fasting will commence on April 22, 6:00 AM and will end on April 25, 2010, 6:00AM. People are encouraged to fast with any one of the following types:
- Full fast (no solid food but with or without liquid). Those are doing a three-day full fast must start with a partial fast two days in advance as body preparation.
- Partial fast by skipping a meal or two a day.
- Light meals by eating vegetables or fruit(s) only.
- Juice fast.
The type of fasting will depend on one‘s conviction, the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the health condition of the individual.
The prayer assembly will be conducted nightly at the Rizal Memorial Baseball Stadium. Those who can not come to the venue are enjoined to participate in their respective homes and churches.
The participants are encouraged to rest / sleep during daytime and to break their fast gradually.
Important Prayer Points and Activities
- Humble oneself and be reconciled to God and to one another.
- Research and spiritually discern the sins that were committed in your respective region, province, or city in the last 490 years (1521-2010) that have defiled the land such as idolatry, bloodshed, and immorality.
- Confess the sins of the forefathers by tearing one’s heart in deep repentance, and plead for God’s forgiveness that His mercy might be poured upon the people and the land.
- Pray for the outpouring of the former rain and latter rain, the Holy Spirit.
- Renew or dedicate oneself to the covenant-keeping God.
Transportation and Accommodation
In general, delegates coming from outside Metro Manila shall take care of their own transportation and accommodation needs. Some churches and private homes near the venue volunteered their facilities for free accommodation (within their limited capacity). Please contact the IFP National Office at (02)533-5166 / (02) 533-5183 for more information about this offer.
For those with vehicles, parking is at Harrison Plaza.
The following materials are helpful in understanding the call for TDNFPA.
- Proclamation of the Year of Jubilee for the Philippines - The Philippine History of 490 Years. [Watch Part 1] [Watch Part 2].
- Prophetic Conferences with Bro. Sadhu Selvaraj in Cebu, Surigao, and San Juan (DVDs, pamphlet)
Fasting and Prayer Paraphernalia
- Melancholic colored shirts, tops, clothes (dark blue, brown, black, maroon and gray) for all delegates.
- Dark slacks and white tops for the United Jubilee Worshippers.
- Prayer mats, kneelers, small throw pillow to sit on.
- Own water to drink.
- Umbrella (in case of rain), jackets, scarf or shawl.