Should a Christian be involved in politics?
Our answer is Yes.
Should the Church be involved in this election?
Our answer is a resounding Yes!
The Church is the Army of God. The role of the Kingdom of God is to take dominion over the earth. The responsibility of the Church is to raise up righteous leaders to take dominion over the earth and bring about the Kingdom of God through Christ.
The goals of the Church for this election should be:
* To set the standards on selecting and supporting candidates for public office;
* To raise the banner of righteousness and unite the church in prayer for the nation;
* To ask the Lord to transform the hearts and consciousness of the Filipino people into adopting righteousness as the key to progress and prosperity; and
* To align the heart and consciousness of the Church towards the principle of Kingdom Dominion, away from the spirit of mere religiosity.
In this light, the tasks of the Church should be:
* To educate the Body of Christ in the principle of the Church's key role in the establishment of the Kingdom of God;
* To unite and galvanize the Body of Christ around the stand of righteousness in the eyes of God;
* To establish the leadership of the Body of Christ over Philippine politics;
* To mobilize the Body of Christ to: 1) pray and intercede for the nation; 2) campaign for righteous candidates;
* To organize the Body of Christ to: 1) consolidate its gains during the election period towards 2) building a machinery for Kingdom Building.